There are quite a few reasons why you might have installed Avast Antivirus in the past. First and foremost, the antivirus software is free to download and comes with bonus features such as a privacy-focused browser. However, this doesn’t mean you would want to keep it forever.
Whether you are getting rid of background programs or upgrading to a better security solution, everyone has their reason to uninstall Avast Antivirus. For those who hardly venture away from trusted websites, this layer of security might not be that necessary. Therefore, such users might also want to uninstall Avast Antivirus and the avast secure browser.
If you want to jettison the antivirus and free up system resources, here is a guide to help you out. Follow the step-by-step instructions here to easily uninstall Avast Antivirus from your desktop/laptop or mobile.
How To Uninstall Avast Antivirus?
There are two ways you can go about this. You can either uninstall the antivirus manually or use the Avast Uninstall Utility. Here are both of these methods.
- Select the magnifying glass icon in the taskbar, type “Add or remove programs,” and click on the same in the results.
2. Find and select “Avast Free Antivirus” from the program list, click on “Uninstall,” and then confirm your choice.
3. When the Avast Uninstaller loads, click on “Uninstall.” Click on “Yes” to confirm the decision.
4. Once the uninstallation finishes, select either “Restart computer” or “Restart later” to finish the process.
Use Avast Uninstall Utility
- Download the Avast Uninstall Utility from the official website.
- Right-click on the file, select “Run as administrator,” and confirm.
- When the Avast Antivirus Clear window pops up, choose “Yes” to restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- Once the system reboots and the Avast window opens, select “Uninstall.”
- Click on “Restart computer” or “Restart later” to finish the uninstallation process.
Can’t Uninstall Avast Due To “Setup Is Already Running” Issue?
If, while trying to uninstall Avast Antivirus, you’re getting “Setup Is Already Running. Please try to start the…