Press release content from Business Wire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jul 12, 2022–
The “Latin America Data Center Physical Security Market – Industry Outlook and Forecast 2022-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Physical security layers are installed in data centers to prevent unwanted entry and threats. The Latin America data center market is witnessing strong growth and is dominated by colocation providers, followed by internet and cloud service providers.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LATIN AMERICA DATA CENTER PHYSICAL SECURITY MARKET
- Increased deployment of the cloud-based and edge data center facilities will increase the demand for physical security solutions such as video surveillance and access control systems.
- Many data centers use Building Management System (BMS) to manage the physical security of their data centers (as part of the overall management of the building), including CCTV cameras, access controls, and even rodent repellent systems.
- In 2021, Brazil and Mexico significantly contributed to the Latin America data center physical security market. In terms of Product, Video Surveillance is the major contributor to the Latin America data center physical security market.
- The rise in data center facilities deployed across the region, mainly in Brazil and Mexico, will increase the demand for physical security solutions such as video surveillance and access control systems.
- There have been advancements in video surveillance systems connected to cloud systems, which provide services such as recording, image captures, analytics, and notification services. These cloud-based video cameras upload constantly and need a reliable connection since they do not come with local storage. Cloud-based video analytics has become the latest trend in data center physical security.
- Cloud computing and edge processing will drive the adoption of advanced video content analytics in the coming years. IoT-based sensors are also increasingly being deployed along with camera-based surveillance solutions.