Good morning, Mobile! I’m Sammi Caramela and I’ll be taking over as your new host of Mobile Daily from here on out. Here’s everything you need to know to get this Monday started off right.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 85 Low: 71.
Here are the top stories today in Mobile:
- The City of Mobile is reopening its recycling centers 308 Pinehill Drive and 4851 Museum Drive this Wednesday, Oct. 13. The centers had been closed due to a fire at Emerald Coast Utilities Authority in Escambia County, Florida, which collects Mobile’s recycled materials. The normal hours of operation for both city recycling centers will be weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (NBC 15 WPMI)
- The Boys & Girls Club of South Alabama is asking for help as Mobile Police continue to investigate a recent catalytic converter theft from one of its transport vans. This is the third such theft from a local Boys & Girls Club van since June, which impedes the organization’s ability to provide vital transportation services to the children of Mobile. Security cameras caught a glimpse of the thief, which have been turned over to the MPD in hopes of catching them. (NBC 15 WPMI)
- Four people were killed in a Saturday morning crash just outside of Mobile. The incident occurred around 4 a.m. on Highway 98 in Semmes. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is still investigating. (AL.com)
- A grease blockage caused a sanitary sewer overflow in the 4600 block of Spring Hill Avenueon Friday, which sent 2,400 gallons of sewage spilling into Three Mile Creek. (FOX10 News)
- In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Mobile hosted its first Latin Fest in Cathedral Square this weekend. (NBC 15 WPMI)
Today’s Mobile Daily is brought to you by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Mobile:
- Teacher Work Day – Mobile County Public Schools (12:00 PM)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you all tomorrow for another update! If you’re enjoying these newsletters, consider bringing some…