Sony Pictures says it hasn’t bowed to threats to pull “The Interview” and audiences will get a chance to see it—it’s just not sure how at present.
In the face of threats from hackers, Sony said last week said it was canceling theatrical release of the satirical movie about a plot to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, scheduled for December 25, and “has no further plans” to release on DVD or video-on-demand platforms.
On Friday, President Obama publically called that decision a mistake and now both parties appear to be back-pedaling a little.
“Remember, Sony only delayed this,” David Boies, the company’s lead attorney, said in an interview on NBC’s “Meet The Press.” “Sony has been fighting to get this picture distributed. It will be distributed. How it’s going to be distributed, I don’t think anybody knows quite yet. But it’s going to be distributed.”
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here