“We’re proud that Samsung’s innovative technology is playing a key role in enabling Walmart to transform their retail associate experience,” Hamshy Raveendran, head of product management and go to market, Mobile B2B Business, Samsung Electronics Americas, told RIS. “Our Galaxy XCover Pro, combined with Walmart’s all-in-one [email protected] app, will put everything associates need at their fingertips to help them better serve their customers. And outside the store, they’ll have an exceptional device for their personal use. We’re excited to support Walmart as they lead the retail industry in leveraging mobile to empower their frontline employees.”
The devices and app will give Walmart associates access to mobile experiences such as:
- Push-to-Talk: Associates can instantly connect with one another by using push-to-talk, allowing them to work as a team and quickly react to customers’ needs.
- Scheduling: The app lets associates view their shifts up to two weeks in advance, check on their upcoming paid time off and request changes to their schedule, if needed.
- Mobile Clock In: Using geofencing technology, associates can clock in with a tap of a button once they arrive at their store.
- Ask Sam: A voice-activated personal assistant for work, the Ask Sam feature lets associates ask the app questions to quickly locate merchandise and get answers for customers. Associates can even look up the metrics that drive their business. This feature was previously available to some associates as a separate app, but is now available to all through [email protected] Last year Walmart expanded its capabilities to include details about COVID-19.
- Personal Security: The Samsung Knox mobile security suite is being used to create the boundaries between personal and work-related information. Walmart will not have access to any associates’ personal data.
- Knox Services: Walmart will leverage the extensive capabilities found in the Samsung Knox Suite. This includes tools to help with automated enrollment, firmware management, device and WiFi network analytics, loss prevention and deep device customization.
In addition, Walmart said it will add another feature to the