National Institute of Standards and Technology
Current NIST Cybersecurity Alerts
- Enhancing Security of Devices and Components Across the Supply Chainon February 27, 2024
FULL WORKSHOP DETAILS NIST is hosting an in-person all-day workshop on February 27, 2024 to bring together industry, academia, and government to discuss the existing and emerging cybersecurity threats and mitigation techniques for semiconductors
- NICE Webinar: Expanding Cybersecurity Learning and Workforce Opportunities for Rural Americanson February 21, 2024
Speakers: Ann Manby Chief Workforce Development Officer Center for Workforce Inclusion Dr. Mark R. Hagerott Chancellor North Dakota University System Dr. Chris Sanders Founder and Executive Director Rural Tech Fund Rodney Petersen Director NICE
- NIST Secure Software Development Framework for Generative AI and for Dual Use Foundation Models Virtual Workshopon January 17, 2024
NIST is hosting a workshop on Wednesday, January 17, 2024, from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST to bring together industry, academia, and government to discuss secure software development practices for AI models. Attendees will gain insight into major
- NIST Offers Guidance on Measuring and Improving Your Company’s Cybersecurity Programon January 17, 2024
Draft publication can help with evaluating information security efforts.
- What's in Store for NIST's Small Business Program in 2024?on January 10, 2024
We’re ringing in the New Year by giving you a sneak peek into what the NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Program has planned for 2024. During this webinar, we’ll: Introduce you to the new NIST Lead for Small Business Engagement. Provide an overview
- NIST Launches Exploratory Digital Twins Studyon January 1, 2024
Digital Twins represent a growing global marketplace valued at over $8.6 billion in 2022 and forecasted to reach $138 billion by 2030. The NIST internal Strategic and Emerging Research Initiative (SERI) program has provided Fiscal Year 2024 (FY24)
- NIST Awards Nearly $3 Million to Small Businesses to Advance Semiconductor Manufacturing, Drug Development and Moreon December 19, 2023
The grants will go to 15 small businesses in nine states under NIST's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program.
- NIST Calls for Information to Support Safe, Secure and Trustworthy Development and Use of Artificial Intelligenceon December 19, 2023
Responses will be accepted until Feb. 2, 2024.
- The METIS Data Exchange Ecosystem Seeks Your Inputon December 14, 2023
NIST and CHIPS request comments on the draft of Special Publication 1000-2 ipd , Building a Metrology Exchange to Innovate in Semiconductors (METIS). This publication presents the vision for ensuring that the direct results of federally funded
- NIST Offers Draft Guidance on Evaluating a Privacy Protection Technique for the AI Eraon December 11, 2023
The agency has made progress on one of its tasks delineated in the recent Executive Order on AI.
- GCTC Smart City Projects Presented at Smart Cities Conference and Workshopon December 1, 2023
On November 28, 2023, the NIST Global Community Technology Challenge ( GCTC ) presented three smart city projects on a panel at the Smart Cities Connect conference in Washington, D.C. The cities’ projects were representative of city efforts to